A Slave Family
by Anne Pemberton
||This page creates an adventure story starring your student or your child. He or she travels to Delaware in 1850 to meet Harriet Tubman and to share an adventure getting her family to freedom.
on your speakers to hear "Go Down Moses".
Directions to create this story or book
Music: "Go Down Moses", a Negro spiritual. The hymn was widely sung
during the time of this story and is still enjoyed today. Synthesized by Randy
Cabell, 2004. Music used by permission.
Illustrations used without permission, for educational use only.
Some illustrations have been edited for this application.
- History Hat and other
clip art: MSN Clipart
- Harriet Tubman by Paul Collins www.octobergallery.com/
- Harriet Tubman by William Johnson www.octobergallery.com/
- Group of Slaves with Harriet Tubman www.nlc-bnc.ca/
- Harriet Sculpture http://www.nationalsculptorsguild.com/ArtistImages/dedecker/jpegs/Harriet.jpg
- Escape and portrait: http://www.lakelandschools.org/EDTECH/BlackHistory/htubman.htm
- Dark Woodcut http://www.newmoonstudio.com/Herstory/Tubman.html
- Pretty Picture: http://ita.wisc.edu/currentstudents/2004/pangya/hero_PST/
- Tubman with rifle http://www.harriettubmanbiography.com/db2/00122/harriettubmanbiography.com/_uimages/Tubmanwoodcut3.jpg
- Fugative Slaves http://americancivilwar.com/women/harriet_tubman.html
- Underground Railroad:
- Passage to Freedom: http://trinitywholesale.com/prints/african_american/images/african_art_18609.jpg
- Hiding: http://www.kyrene.org/schools/brisas/sunda/bhistory/tubman/Tubman1.jpg
Page created October 17, 2004.
Anne Pemberton. Updated