Click on arrow to hear Louis Armstrong in"Ain't Misbehavin'", 1925.
By Brandon Richardson
This page creates a history adventure story starring the reader. The reader travels back in history to Chicago in 1924 to meet the memorable Louis Armstrong, affectionately called Sachmo.
This story was written by Brandon Richardson in the spring semester of 2005. Mr. Richardson was at the time a Freshman at Mt. Carmel High School. Mrs. Senneville was his English teacher.
Directions to create this story into a book.
Louis Armstrong & His Orchestra ...Ain't Misbehavin' (July 22, 1929)
Recorded on July 22, 1929 in New York City. This recording was composed by Fats Waller and Andy Razaf for an all-Black revue titled "Hot Chocolates." The band includes Louis Armstrong on trumpet and vocals, Homer Hobson on trumpet, Fred Robinson on trombone, Bert Curry and Crawford Wethington on alto saxes, Jimmy Strong on tenor sax, Gene Anderson on piano, Mancy Cara on banjo, Peter Briggs on tuba and Zutty Singleton on drums. This Orchestra may have single-handedly been responsible for making swing style jazz one of the most popular musical genres during the 30s and 40s.
This audio is part of the collection: 78 RPMs & Cylinder Recordings
Artist/Composer: Louis Armstrong & His Orchestra
Date: 1929-07-22 00:00:00
<Illustrations used without permission, for educational use only. Some illustrations have been edited for this application.
- pixCov="Armstrong-Cov.jpg" alt="Louis Armstrong blowing his trumpet." http://www.terra.es/personal/jazznoend/hot%20five.html
- pix2= ”ChicagoScape.jpg” alt="Painting of Chicago " http://www.krehbielart.com
- pix3= "PianoPlayer.jpg" alt="Hands playing piano.” http://www.tommyearlls.com
- pix4= "LArmstrongSmile.jpg" alt="Louis Armstrong with big smile and trumpet." http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/j/Louis%20Armstrong.jpg
- pix5="LArmstrong1923.jpg" alt="Louis Armstrong, 1923" http://interwaryears.8m.net/1923.html
- pix6="LArmstrongUp.jpg" alt="Louie playing his horn." http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~mcgoni/ella/louisbio.html
- pix8="LilnLouis.jpg" alt="Louis Armstrong and Lil Hardin boarding a train." http://www.wolfestudio.com/images/Jazz
Page created July 25, 2005. Anne Pemberton. Updated Thu, Dec 8, 2011 | Thu, 28-Oct-2010. AP.