By Anne Pemberton
This page creates an adventure story starring your student or your child. He or she travels back in history to help Sam Houston win the Battle of San Jacinto and earn Independence for Texas in 1936.
on your speakers to hear "Come to the Bower".
Directions to create story and book.
Music: "Come to the Bower". The tune was widely played during the
time of this story and legend tells it was the music played for this battle.
Synthesized by Randy Cabell, 2004. Music used by permission.
Illustrations used without permission, for educational use only.
Some illustrations have been edited for this application.
- History Hat: MSN Clipart
- Main Battle Source and pictures of officers: http://www.tamu.edu/ccbn/dewitt/batsanjacinto.htm
- Republic of Texas Map: http://www.tamu.edu/ccbn/dewitt/batsanjacinto.htm
- Texas Flag: http://www.currensnet.com/PAGEMILL/flags.htm
- Alamo: http://www.davisandjones.com/djshow/archives/alamo/alamo2.html
- Battle of Alamo: http://www.americaslibrary.gov/jb/reform/jb_reform_alamo_1_e.html
- Santa Anna (color) http://
- Capture of Santa Anna (color) http://www.io.com/~xeke/santanna.htm
- Sam Houston (young) http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/treasures/republic/san-jacinto.html
- Map of Battle: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/atlas_texas/san_jacinto_battle_1836.jpg
- Texas Battle: http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/publications/books/jacinto1.html
- San Jacinto River: http://www.clevelandtexas.com/life.htm
- Buffalo Bayou: http://castor.tsl.state.tx.us/mcardle/sanjac/sanjac069.html
- Mustangs sculpture http://www.utexas.edu/maps/main/images/
- General Santa Anna http://www.lsjunction.com/people/santanna.htm
- Deaf Smith http://www.lsjunction.com/people/smith.htm
- Lone Star Junction http://www.lsjunction.com/
Page created October 9, 2004.
Anne Pemberton. Updated
Fri, Dec 9, 2011 | Thu, 28-Oct-2010. AP.